SUMMER 2018 ILLINOIS CTI SESSION INFORMATION
Project Lead The Way Core Training Institute professional development registration opened on April 3, 2018.
In preparation for CTI online registration, district Program Coordinators should add "new" PLTW teachers as soon as possible to school records via their myPLTW login account. See www.pltw.org/our-programs/professional-development and Getting Started with myPLTW and PD.
The CTI chart below shows sessions scheduled to be held at University of lllinois at Chicago (UIC) and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). Link below to specific CTI course pages with more details and course-specific local arrangement and hotel block information.
Registration Invoicing/Cancellation Policy
- $2,400 per teacher for two week HS sessions (schools will be billed)
- $1,300 per teacher for one-week Gateway DM, AR, MD, and App Creators (AC). (schools will be billed)
- $1,200 per teacher for one-week Gateway CS for Innovators and Makers (CSIM).
- $800 per teacher for three-day Gateway EE, GA, ST specialty sessions (schools will be billed)
- $700 per teacher for two-day Elementary LAUNCH Lead Teacher Training session (schools will be billed)
- $500 per teacher for two-day Elementary LAUNCH Classroom Teacher Training session (schools will be billed)
Registered teachers (and district Program Coordinators) will receive an “Invoice Authorization” email form to return to Illinois PLTW to confirm electronic invoicing contact information for your school/district. Optional parking pass fees will be included in invoicing.
-Two-week sessions --$250 for cancellations up to 3 weeks prior to start of a session, and $500 after that.
-One-week, three-day, and two-day sessions--$150 for cancellations up to 3 weeks prior to start of a session, or $250 after that.
CTI Schedules and Meals
- Two-week (80 contact hours) High School Engineering sessions (IED, POE, CEA, EDD, DE, ES) will begin on Monday morning (7 am registration and 8 am prompt start time), with an optional Sunday early evening welcome dinner, informal networking, and technology check-in orientation. Daily Monday-Friday classes run from 8 am to 5 pm (with some evening study sessions). Registration cost includes opening Sunday dinner, M-F lunches, and 2 extra dinners. Snacks, beverages provided.
- One-week (40 contact hours) Middle School Gateway sessions (DM, AR, MD, CS App Creators, CSIM) are conducted Monday –Friday 8am-5pm (with evening study help sessions). Lunches, 2 dinners, snacks, beverages provided. Registration opens at 7 am on first day.
- Three-day (24 contact hour) Gateway specialty sessions (EE, GA, ST) will be offered 8 am -5 pm, with some varied schedules and evening study help sessions. Lunches, 1 dinner, snacks, beverages provided. Registration opens at 7 am on first day.
- Elementary two-day LAUNCH Lead Teacher Training (LLT) and Classroom Teacher (LCL) Training sessions (16 contact hours) will be offered 8 am-5pm, with evening study help sessions. Lunches, 1 dinner, snacks, beverages provided. Registration opens at 7 am on first day.
Specific CTI session classroom building/room assignments will be provided in advance, along with driving and arrival day direction updates.
- Urbana-Champaign Hotel PLTW CTI block rates range from $104.00-$115.00 per night (plus 13% tax); schools are responsible for direct reservation and payment arrangements. Details for specific CTI session hotel blocks will be provided to registrants; see links to specific course details on chart above.
- Note that all Urbana-Champaign CTI block hotels provide free parking and are located within 3 blocks of classrooms. Optional campus parking passes are available for commuters or those not staying in CTI block hotels, for lots within 3 blocks of all CTI sessions, and will be billed to schools--$36.00 for Gateway three-day specialty sessions, $60.00 for one-week sessions, and $78.00 for High School two-week sessions.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign CTI Map - http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/UIUCPLTWMap2018.pdf
- Chicago Hotel PLTW CTI block rates range from $209.00-$229.00 per night (plus 17.4% tax); schools are responsible for direct reservation and payment arrangements. Details for specific CTI session hotel blocks will be provided to registrants; see links to specific course details on chart above. Block hotel offers optional valet parking ($45.00 daily). Free shuttle bus service from hotel to classrooms available.
- Optional campus parking passes will be billed to schools-- $37.00 for one-week, three-day and two-day sessions, and $74.00 for two-week sessions. Passes are good at two parking garages, one which is located 3 blocks from the Chicago Marriott Medical Center Hotel and one which is located one block from PLTW classroom building at corner of Taylor and Halsted.
University of Illinois at Chicago CTI Map-- http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/UICPLTWmap2018.pdf
Advance Planning and Communication
- Teachers MUST bring a laptop meeting technical specifications, along with any other course-specific technology devices. Appropriate course-specific software must be loaded prior to arrival at CTI training. (Launch teachers must bring laptop and iPad or Android tablet.) 2018-2019 Computer Specs.
- Teachers MUST complete online Readiness modules prior to arrival to CTI sessions (access is provided as part of CTI online registration).
- Registered teachers will receive frequent emails from University of Illinois PLTW prior to specific CTI sessions, providing classroom building/room assignments, driving and arrival day directions.
Continuing Education Recognition and optional Additional Graduate Credit Opportunity
- Illinois teachers are eligible to receive up to 80 PDH's (Professional Development Hours) professional development recognition for participation in two-week Summer Core Training Institutes, 40 PDH's for one-week Summer Core Training Institutes, 24 PDH's for three-day, and 16 PDH's for two-day Summer Core Training Institutes. Contact hour documentation will be provided for teachers from other states.
- Graduate credit is available for additional PLTW-related Fall 2018 action research coursework and tuition payment. Online registration for the course opens June, 2018 (course details to be posted in April).
CTI courses will be available across the Midwest PLTW affiliate university network. Our office is committed to working with Illinois PLTW schools and teachers to identify training location options, and to assist with local school/course implementation and planning.
For further information about Summer 2018 CTI offerings, contact University of Illinois Affiliate Director Brenda Pacey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (217) 244-5217