Illinois PLTW New School/New Program Orientations for Administrators
March 9, 2017 – Business Innovation Services Center, Naperville
March 10, 2017 – University of Illinois at Chicago
April 13, 2017 – I-Hotel and Conference Center, Champaign
Registration is open for March 9, 10, and April 13, 2017 New School/New Program Orientation Sessions for PLTW Program Coordinators and administrators of schools anticipating NEW 2017-18 PLTW program implementations. Free sessions are offered in Naperville, Chicago, and Champaign; all PLTW Program Coordinators and other school/district administrators of new PLTW programs are encouraged to attend.
The sessions will include time for individualized school/district consulting as well as general information on: national and state PLTW communication and program/membership requirement overview; technology and facilities planning; teacher summer core training institute registration and pre-planning; equipment and supplies; IT requirements; local school/community and regional cooperative support; ongoing program development and long-range planning.
Please register to attend one of the following free New School/New Program Orientations for Administrators. If you will be involved with multiple grade levels, please plan to attend an orientation for each.
Middle School Gateway (grades 6-8)/Launch (grades 5-8) Orientations:
- March 9, 2017, 12 noon-2:30 pm, Naperville
- March 10, 2017, 12 noon-2:30 pm, U of Illinois Chicago
- April 13, 2017, 12 noon-2:30 pm, Champaign
High School (grades 9-12) Engineering, Biomedical or Computer Science Orientations:
- March 9, 2017, 9:00-11:30 am, Naperville
- March 10, 2017, 9:00-11:30 am, U of Illinois Chicago
- April 13, 2017, 9:00-11:30 am, Champaign
A detailed agenda for each Orientation Session, along with driving and parking directions, will be sent to those who confirm their availability to attend (please RSVP by March 1 for March sessions and by April 6 for April session.)
* For assistance with new school and new program registration agreement matters, please contact PLTW Solution Center (firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free 877-335-7589), or PLTW Midwest Directors of School Engagement Greg Quam (email@example.com) or Amy Rauch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* For questions regarding professional development events and local program implementation support, please contact University of Illinois PLTW Affiliate Director Brenda Pacey (email@example.com or 217-244-5217).