Launch Classroom Teacher Training (LCT)
June 27 - 28, 2018 at University of Illinois at Chicago
Science and Engineering Lab East (SELE) (950 S. Halsted, Chicago, IL)
Registration Invoicing/Cancellation Policy
- $700 per teacher for three-day Elementary LAUNCH Lead Teacher Training session (schools will be billed)
Registered teachers (and district Program Coordinators) will receive an “Invoice Authorization” email form to return to Illinois PLTW to confirm electronic invoicing contact information for your school/district. Optional parking pass fees will be included in invoicing.
-One-week and three-day sessions--$150 for cancellations up to 3 weeks prior to start of a session, or $250 after that.
CTI Schedules and Meals
- Elementary two-day LAUNCH Lead Teacher Training (16 contact hours) will be offered 8 am-5pm, with some varied schedules and evening study help sessions. Breakfast, lunches, 1 dinner, snacks, beverages provided. Registration opens at 7 am on first day.
Specific CTI session classroom building/room assignments will be provided in advance, along with driving and arrival day direction updates.
Housing reservations/payment for the June 25-29 Gateway DM, June 25-27 Gateway GA, and June 25-26 Launch Lead Teacher, and June 27-28 Launch Classroom Teacher courses at University of Illinois at Chicago should be made DIRECTLY online or via phone, before June 6, mentioning specific PLTW block as listed below:
Chicago Marriott at Medical District Deadline: 6/6 (one or two beds; nightly rates of $229 plus 17.4% tax);
625 S. Ashland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60607
Reservation Direct Line - 312-529-6001, ask for Tania or Desni
Free internet, fitness center, 25% restaurant discount.
Group name: PLTW Summer Training Block
Online booking: PLTW Summer Training Block
Group booking code: PTW
Note: Marriott is located one mile from PLTW classrooms (periodic complimentary shuttle from hotel to PLTW classroom building at corner of Taylor and Halsted and anywhere in 1.5 radius of the hotel).
Note: Optional $45.00 daily valet parking at Marriott (special rate applied upon arrival)
Note: Campus Parking Garage Pass is optional ($37.00 for one-week and three-day CTI sessions); passes are good for two parking garages, one which is located three blocks from the Marriott hotel and one which is located one block from PLTW classrooms at corner of Taylor and Halsted. In addition to commuter use, some attendees use these garages instead of hotel valet parking.
University of Illinois at Chicago CTI Map-- http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/UICPLTWMap2018.pdf
University of Illinois at Chicago Hotel/Parking Map - http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/UICHotelParkingMap2018.pdf
Advance Planning and Communication
- Teachers MUST bring a laptop meeting technical specifications, along with any other course-specific technology devices. Appropriate course-specific software must be loaded prior to arrival at CTI training. Launch teachers must bring laptop and iPad or Android tablet. http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/Computer_Specs_2018_2019.pdf
- Teachers MUST complete online Readiness modules prior to arrival to CTI sessions (access is provided as part of CTI online registration).
- Registered teachers will receive frequent emails from University of Illinois PLTW prior to specific CTI sessions, providing classroom building/room assignments, driving and arrival day directions.
Continuing Education Recognition and optional Additional Graduate Credit Opportunity
- Illinois teachers are eligible to receive up to 80 PDH's (Professional Development Hours) professional development recognition for participation in two-week Summer Core Training Institutes, 40 PDH's for one-week Summer Core Training Institutes, 24 PDH's for three-day Summer Core Training Institutes, and 16 PDH's for two-day Summer Core Training Institutes. Contact hour documentation will be provided for teachers from other states.
- Graduate credit is available for additional PLTW-related Fall 2018 action research coursework and tuition payment. Online registration for the course opens June, 2018 (course details to be posted in April).
For further information about Summer 2018 CTI offerings, contact University of Illinois Affiliate Director Brenda Pacey (email@example.com) or (217) 244-5217