Gateway Computer Science for Innovators and Makers (updated 4/30/2018)
July 16 – 20, 2018 at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Office of Math, Science and Technology Education (MSTE)
(505 E. Green St., Champaign, IL)
Registration Invoicing/Cancellation Policy
- $1,200 per teacher for one-week Gateway CS for Innovators and Makers.
CTI Schedules and Meals
- One-week (40 contact hours) Middle School Gateway sessions are conducted Monday –Friday 8am-5pm (with evening study help sessions). Lunches, 2 dinners, snacks, beverages provided. Registration opens at 7 am on first day.
Specific CTI session classroom building/room assignments will be provided in advance, along with driving and arrival day direction updates.
Illini Union Hotel - deadline 6/15/18 - (nightly rates of $104 Double: $109 Queen or King plus 14% tax),
1401 West Green, Urbana, IL 61801; reserve by telephone at 217-333-1241 front desk, or online at link below. Free parking and internet, $5 value breakfast voucher, free use of Campus Rec Facilities, food court onsite.
Registration Link - http://union.illinois.edu/stay/illini-union-hotel
Click on "Book Now" located upper left of page
Scroll down to Stay Information box - fill in dates and other info
At Bottom of box, click on the circle "Group Booking Code"
Fill in your Group Booking Code
Click "Check Availability"
Note that Illini Union is 2 blocks from campus classrooms.
Optional Commuter Campus Parking Pass ( $60.00 for one week sessions); parking lots are located within two blocks of PLTW classrooms.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign CTI Map - http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/UIUCPLTWMap2018.pdf
Advance Planning and Communication
- Teachers MUST bring a laptop meeting technical specifications, along with any other course-specific technology devices. Appropriate course-specific software must be loaded prior to arrival at CTI training. http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/Computer_Specs_2018_2019.pdf
- Teachers MUST complete online Readiness modules prior to arrival to CTI sessions (access is provided as part of CTI online registration).
- Registered teachers will receive frequent emails from University of Illinois PLTW prior to specific CTI sessions, providing classroom building/room assignments, driving and arrival day directions.
Continuing Education Recognition and optional Additional Graduate Credit Opportunity
- Illinois teachers are eligible to receive up to 80 PDH's (Professional Development Hours) professional development recognition for participation in two-week Summer Core Training Institutes, 40 PDH's for one-week Summer Core Training Institutes, 24 PDH's for three-day Summer Core Training Institutes, and 16 PDH's for two-day Summer Core Training Institutes. Contact hour documentation will be provided for teachers from other states.
- Graduate credit is available for additional PLTW-related Fall 2018 action research coursework and tuition payment. Online registration for the course opens June, 2018 (course details to be posted in April).
For further information about Summer 2018 CTI offerings, contact University of Illinois Affiliate Director Brenda Pacey (email@example.com) or (217) 244-5217