Illinois PLTW Launch VEX IQ Building and Programming Workshops
March 11, 2017 9am-12:30 pm, U of Illinois at Chicago
July 7, 2017 9 am -12:30 pm, U of Illinois at Chicago - to be rescheduled
Registration Fee: $75.00 (includes workshop materials, lunch, refreshments, free parking)
3.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH)
Registration is open for March 11 and July 7, 2017 Launch VEX IQ Building and Programming Workshops for grade 3-5 teachers
U of Illinois PLTW is sponsoring half-day Launch VEX IQ Building and Programming Workshops for grade 3-5 teachers, led by Illinois Launch Master Teachers and PLTW Regional training staff. More than a dozen Launch teachers joined us at the November 30, 2016 Illinois PLTW Teacher Workshop Day for the first of these training sessions. Two other sessions are scheduled for March and July in Chicago. (Additional sessions may be planned, based on need, in the Chicago suburban area.)
VEX-IQ Building and Programming Workshop:
Enhance your VEX IQ construction and robotics skills to better support your 3-5 grade teachers and students. This workshop is a great opportunity to learn the builds and practice the Robotics and Automation and Robotics and Automation: Challenge modules. The VEX IQ Building and Programming Workshop will include:
- Opportunities to ask questions and practice all VEX IQ builds for Grades 3-5
- Organizational Tips & Ideas
- Programming walk-through of the 5th grade robots, as well as updates that have been released for the 16-17 school year such as VEXos firmware
Launch VEX IQ session attendees are asked to bring:
- iPad loaded with Autodesk Inventor Publisher and Canvas by Instructure for all teachers
- laptop loaded with VEXos Utility http://www.vexrobotics.com/vexiq/software/vexos for Robotics and Automation: Challenge teachers
- Modkit for VEX http://www.modkit.com/vex loaded on your iPad and/or laptop for Robotics and Automation: Challenge teachers
VEX IQ kits will be provided for Workshop use.
A detailed agenda for each Workshop Session, along with driving and parking directions, will be sent to those who confirm their availability to attend (please RSVP by March 1 for March 11, and by June 16 for the July 7 session).
For further information or questions, please contact Brenda Pacey, Illinois PLTW Affiliate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 244-5217.