Gateway Computer Science for Innovators and Makers
July 17 – 21, 2017 at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Office of Math, Science and Technology Education (MSTE)
(505 E. Green St., Champaign, IL)
Registration Invoicing/Cancellation Policy
- $1,200 per teacher for one-week Gateway CS for Innovators and Makers. (for this session ONLY, national PLTW will invoice schools directly). Special arrangements will be made by PLTW for free registrations for ICS trained teachers.
CTI Schedules and Meals
- One-week (40 contact hours) Middle School Gateway sessions are conducted Monday –Friday 8am-5pm (with evening study help sessions). Lunches, 2 dinners, snacks, beverages provided. Registration opens at 7 am on first day.
Specific CTI session classroom building/room assignments will be provided in advance, along with driving and arrival day direction updates.
Housing reservations/payment for the July 9-21 High School ES and July 17-21 Gateway CS for Innovators and Makers courses at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign PLTW should be made online or by phone DIRECTLY with hotel, before deadline indicated, mentioning specific PLTW block as listed below:
Illini Union Hotel (nightly rates of $104 Double; $109 Queen or King, plus 14% tax)
1401 W. Green, Urbana, IL 61820; reserve by telephone at 217-333-1241 front desk, or online at link below (enter dates AND the Group Booking Code). Free parking and internet, $5 value breakfast voucher, free use of Campus Rec Facilities, food court onsite.
Group Name: 7/8-7/21 PLTW171 deadline 6/8 for ES and CS for Innovators and Makers
Group Booking code: PLTW171
Note that the Illini Union Hotel is two blocks from PLTW classrooms.
Optional for commuters: Campus Parking Pass ($78.00 for two week and $60.00 for one-week sessions); parking is located within two blocks from PLTW classrooms.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign CTI Map - http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/UIUCPLTWMap2017.pdf
University of Illinois Illini Union Hotel Summer 2017 Construction Access Map - http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/UIUCUnionConstructionMap2017.pdf
Advance Planning and Communication
- Teachers MUST bring a laptop meeting technical specifications, along with any other course-specific technology devices. Appropriate course-specific software must be loaded prior to arrival at CTI training. Computer Science for Innovators and Makers teachers must bring laptop and an Android device. http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/Computer_Specs_2017_2018.pdf
- Teachers MUST complete online Readiness modules prior to arrival to CTI sessions (access is provided as part of CTI online registration).
- Registered teachers will receive frequent emails from University of Illinois PLTW prior to specific CTI sessions, providing classroom building/room assignments, driving and arrival day directions.
Continuing Education Recognition and optional Additional Graduate Credit Opportunity
- Illinois teachers are eligible to receive up to 80 PDH's (Professional Development Hours) professional development recognition for participation in two-week Summer Core Training Institutes, 40 PDH's for one-week Summer Core Training Institutes, 24 PDH's for three-day Summer Core Training Institutes. Contact hour documentation will be provided for teachers from other states.
- Graduate credit is available for additional PLTW-related Fall 2017 action research coursework and tuition payment. Online registration for the course opens June, 2017 (course details to be posted in April).
For further information about Summer 2017 CTI offerings, contact University of Illinois Affiliate Director Brenda Pacey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (217) 244-5217