Gateway Computer Science App Creators
June 12 – 16, 2017 at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Siebel Center for Computer Science (201 N. Goodwin, Urbana, IL)
Registration Invoicing/Cancellation Policy
- $1,300 per teacher for one-week Gateway sessions. (schools will be billed)
Registered teachers (and district Program Coordinators) will receive an “Invoice Authorization” email form to return to Illinois PLTW to confirm electronic invoicing contact information for your school/district. Optional parking pass fees will be included in invoicing.
-One-week and three-day sessions--$150 for cancellations up to 3 weeks prior to start of a session, or $250 after that.
CTI Schedules and Meals
- One-week (40 contact hours) Middle School Gateway sessions are conducted Monday –Friday 8am-5pm (with evening study help sessions). Lunches, 2 dinners, snacks, beverages provided. Registration opens at 7 am on first day.
Specific CTI session classroom building/room assignments will be provided in advance, along with driving and arrival day direction updates.
Housing reservations/payment for the June 12-16 Gateway AR and CS for App Creators courses at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign should be made online or by phone DIRECTLY with hotel, before deadline indicated, mentioning specific PLTW blocks as listed below:
Hampton Inn in Champaign-Urbana deadline 5/15 (nightly rates of $109 two Queens; $109 King plus 14% tax),
1200 West University Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801; 217-337-1100 telephone; free parking, internet, pool, and full breakfast.
Group Name: Project Lead the Way 2017
Online Booking: 6/11-6/16 Project Lead the Way 2017 #2
Group Code: PL2
Note that Hampton Inn is 2 blocks from campus classrooms.
Optional Commuter Campus Parking Pass ($60.00 for one week sessions); parking lots are located one block from PLTW classrooms.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign CTI Map - http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/UIUCPLTWMap2017.pdf
Advance Planning and Communication
- Teachers MUST bring a laptop meeting technical specifications, along with any other course-specific technology devices. Appropriate course-specific software must be loaded prior to arrival at CTI training. Computer Science App Creator teachers must bring a laptop and an Android tablet. http://www.pltw.uillinois.edu/docs/Computer_Specs_2017_2018.pdf
- Teachers MUST complete online Readiness modules prior to arrival to CTI sessions (access is provided as part of CTI online registration).
- Registered teachers will receive frequent emails from University of Illinois PLTW prior to specific CTI sessions, providing classroom building/room assignments, driving and arrival day directions.
Continuing Education Recognition and optional Additional Graduate Credit Opportunity
- Illinois teachers are eligible to receive up to 80 PDH's (Professional Development Hours) professional development recognition for participation in two-week Summer Core Training Institutes, 40 PDH's for one-week Summer Core Training Institutes, 24 PDH's for three-day Summer Core Training Institutes. Contact hour documentation will be provided for teachers from other states.
- Graduate credit is available for additional PLTW-related Fall 2017 action research coursework and tuition payment. Online registration for the course opens June, 2017 (course details to be posted in April).
For further information about Summer 2017 CTI offerings, contact University of Illinois Affiliate Director Brenda Pacey (email@example.com) or (217) 244-5217