Registration is now Open
*10th Annual Illinois PLTW Statewide Counselor and Administrator Conference and Illinois PLTW Teacher Workshop Day will be held on December 2-3, 2014 in Champaign. “Celebrating a Decade of Project Lead The Way in Illinois--PLTW STEM Success Stories” will be the theme. Tuesday, December 2 will feature a day of PLTW Teacher Workshops (11 am-5 pm), focusing on program and course-specific curriculum updates and roundtables. Wednesday, December 3 will feature the 10th Annual Illinois PLTW Statewide Counselor and Administrator Conference (9 am-3 pm), with keynote and concurrent session speakers; “best practice panels” on classroom action research and successful community partnerships; student displays and presentations; STEM topical updates. (more)
*Share your PLTW success stories at the Conference!
There is still time to submit proposals or nominations for participation in best practice panels and student success story sessions at this year's Conference (more)
Best Practice Panel and Student Sharing Focus Areas include:
- Classroom Action Research
- PLTW Teacher Collaboration and special projects
- K-12 Counseling for Success-Student recruitment, retention, diversity
- Community Partnerships and Workforce Development
- Telling the K-12 PLTW Story - student exhibits and presentations
- Student Alumni Success Stories
- Other (if you have a great success story that doesn't quite fit the other categories)
*Registration is now open for September 6, 2014 and October 31, 2014 Digital Electronics Update Workshops. (more)
*The 2014 ITEC Conference will be held in Bloomington-Normal, October 31 - November 1, 2014. See more details here. (more)
*University of Illinois Summer 2014 Core Training Institutes welcomed more than 260 teachers in 18 sessions. (more)
*May 2014 Regional PLTW Teacher Round Tables focusing on shared best practices for effective use of the PLTW Learning Management System, student engineering notebooks and documentation, community partnerships, update preview of new Digital Electronic equipment, and general PLTW news.
* More than 50 representatives attended the March 6 and March 17, 2014 New School Orientations for Administrators and District Delegates of NEW 2014-15 PLTW districts/buildings. For assistance with new membership Agreement matters (or for help with adding new PLTW programs at existing member districts/schools, contact Sena Cooper, PLTW Director of School Engagement at email@example.com.
*The October 30, 2013 Illinois Statewide Counselors and Administrators Conference in Lisle attracted almost 300 attendees.
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) is a national not-for-profit organization established to help solve the country’s high-tech staffing shortage by increasing the number, quality, and diversity of engineers graduating from United States educational systems. Aimed at middle and high schools, PLTW’s pre-engineering curriculum, software, and professional development programs can help forge new generations of engineers by offering students the chance to find out if engineering is the career for them. More than 4000 schools in 50 states offer PLTW courses.
The University of Illinois, the Illinois State Board of Education, and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity have joined forces to bring Project Lead the Way to schools in Illinois.