* Registration opens April 1, 2013 for 2013 Summer Core Training Institutes (CTI).
* Registration is open for June, 2013 POE and GTT/AR VEX/RobotC curriculum update workshops (more)
* Registration is closed for November 2012 Illinois PLTW Statewide Counselors and Administrators Conference (Champaign). (more)
* Registration is closed for the PLTW IED Curriculum Workshops Fall 2012. (more)
* November 18, 2011 - More than 160 attended the Illinois PLTW Statewide Counselor and Administator Conference, Lisle (more)
*Technology Education Association of Illinois (TEAI) and Illinois Drafting Educator Association (IDEA) recognize several PLTW schools and educators at October 2011 ITEC Conference (more)
* October 28-29, 2011 - Illinois Technology Education Conference (Bloomington) featured PLTW teacher sessions on curriculum and assessment updates, Inventor 2012, VEX/Robot C, and more
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) is a national not-for-profit organization established to help solve the country’s high-tech staffing shortage by increasing the number, quality, and diversity of engineers graduating from United States educational systems. Aimed at middle and high schools, PLTW’s pre-engineering curriculum, software, and professional development programs can help forge new generations of engineers by offering students the chance to find out if engineering is the career for them. More than 4000 schools in 50 states offer PLTW courses.
The University of Illinois, the Illinois State Board of Education, and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity have joined forces to bring Project Lead the Way to schools in Illinois.