*Registration is now open for August 4, 2014 and September 6, 2014 Digital Electronics Update Workshops. (more)
*Registration is closed for May 2014 Regional PLTW Teacher Round Tables focusing on shared best practices for effective use of the PLTW Learning Management System, student engineering notebooks and documentation, community partnerships, update preview of new Digital Electronic equipment, and general PLTW news.
* Online registration is now open for Summer 2014 Core Training Institutes. (more)
* More than 50 representatives attended the March 6 and March 17, 2014 New School Orientations for Administrators and District Delegates of NEW 2014-15 PLTW districts/buildings. For assistance with new membership Agreement matters (or for help with adding new PLTW programs at existing member districts/schools, contact Sena Cooper, PLTW Director of School Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org. (more)
* Registration is closed for the October 30, 2013 Illinois Statewide Counselors and Administrators Conference in Lisle
* More than 120 attended August/September 2013 Regional Round Tables focusing on new PLTW Learning Management System and other resources.
* Registration is closed for the October 11-12, 2013 Statewide ITEC Conference; PLTW teacher strands will be offered (VEX/RobotC; LMS; engineering notebook/portfolio/reporting best practices; info session for potential new schools; Inventor tips and tricks.)
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) is a national not-for-profit organization established to help solve the country’s high-tech staffing shortage by increasing the number, quality, and diversity of engineers graduating from United States educational systems. Aimed at middle and high schools, PLTW’s pre-engineering curriculum, software, and professional development programs can help forge new generations of engineers by offering students the chance to find out if engineering is the career for them. More than 4000 schools in 50 states offer PLTW courses.
The University of Illinois, the Illinois State Board of Education, and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity have joined forces to bring Project Lead the Way to schools in Illinois.